I have an important question. Disputing incorrect information on records which either needs omitting or amending.

I am hoping that at least one of my blog readers know the answers to this question. It is extremely important that I find the correct way to proceed with my current issue. I have ideas of how to proceed but before I go ahead with anything I’d just like to check if there are any other potential avenues to redress my situation. I shall explain a tiny bit about the situation to brief on the type of advice that I require. There are things I can’t say due to legal reasons. I cannot mention names, areas or local authorities.

We have received some of the information requested from a professional that had to write a forensic report before I was labelled a criminal and sectioned as a teenager. Things have come to light within those reports that we would potentially need to dispute because they are simply not correct. Those notes are probably information that has gone against me throughout my life. The point of disputing the information recorded is not purely to gain compensation. I don’t want incorrect things on the system about me. I don’t want to lose any more children to the system because of the incorrect things listed about me on files. I’m not proclaiming that I’ve always been an angel but this information is definitely not correct. I know for a fact that if any of the system sees this professional’s notes mentioning anti-social personality disorder then I’ll continue to be treated horrendously by professional components of the system. I don’t deserve that long term. I’ve made my mistakes growing up and paid for them several times over. If I was potentially going to commit murder or something along those lines then I’m sure that I would have done it years ago within the situations the system put me in. I am NOT a danger! I may be a little different but that doesn’t make a person dangerous. I have a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome, not anti-social personality disorder.

I need to know what route is the best option for me to get this disputed and legally amended. I’ve spoken to others in the past who took those who wrote the notes to court. Is there another option than civil court dispute route? Or is this the best way to make sure that the information gets amended? They cannot disobey a court ruling to amend or even omit the disputed records? Do we need a solicitor or can I do the paperwork/applications myself (due to it being a civil proceedings issue)?

Author: Diary of a Painfully Shy Introvert

A blog written by a female diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome but suspected PDA in more recent years. Musings of a Trainee Battleaxe was created to not only create awareness of the PDA part of the spectrum; but also to educate the public hopefully creating understanding in order to stop future generations being let down and labelled negatively. Disclaimer: There may be parts of this blog which viewers may find upsetting as it contains accounts of real life events which have been quite traumatic. However, it is all to help create a sense of understanding and combat the fear surrounding all aspects of mental illness and Pathological Avoidance Syndrome (a very little understood part of the autistic spectrum).

4 thoughts on “I have an important question. Disputing incorrect information on records which either needs omitting or amending.”

  1. Rather than taking Court action, you could try some form of Arbitration. I would recommend that you don’t try and do this all yourself, but get some assistance – is any available from a Charity relevant to you? Alternatively, you could try the Citizens Advice Bureau.


  2. Fortunately for you I have been reading about the history of the Freedom of Information act while looking up information about the New Statesman and Society.

    It seems there were important gaps in the 1980s and 1990s which made this act quite a pain.

    And it wasn’t really put to work until the Blair-Brown years.


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: